Thanks for the memories, Stevo. I’ve learned more about saltwater crocodiles from watching your show than from any other source.
You will be missed.
UPDATE: You know you’re truly a pop culture icon when the news of your death hits Slashdot, despite you not having any strong connection to matters of technology or the usual stuff that makes Slashdot news. One of the more interesting comments in that post went like this:
“This is the fastest I’ve ever seen news hit the front page on slashdot.
In fact since this news broke an hour ago I’ve received 1 phone call, 4 SMS’s and 6 e-mails about it. A coworker came running to tell me about it and 88+ news items about it have appeared so far on Google News. Just goes to show that people really care about Steve Irwin.
With that kind of influence it makes you wonder what he might have achieved if he hadn’t died.”
- Stingray kills ‘Crocodile Hunter’.
- Crocodile Hunter Irwin killed.
- More news on Steve Irwin from Google.
- How a Passive Stingray Can Become Deadly
- South Park parody
- Stevo cries over dead croc
- Stevo in Fedex commercial. Ironic.
- Steve’s baby-dangling controversy
- Jay Leno paying tribute to the Croc Hunter
- Stevo doing what he does best at Australia Zoo
- Croc Hunter: Top 10 Deadliest Snakes In The World (Pt 1)
- Croc Hunter: Top 10 Deadliest Snakes In The World (Pt 2)
- Croc Hunter: Top 10 Deadliest Snakes In The World (Pt 3)