So, yeah, go to Blogathon.org, register yourself for free and sponsor any blogger (or group of bloggers) in their very commendable attempts to raise money for charity.
The minimum amount you can pledge is USD $1 (RM 3.8). I was thinking of donating USD $5 for one Malaysian blogger, but then couldn’t decide which one to support, so I ended pledging USD $1 each for 6 of them. I’m Anonymous, by the way…
- YvonneFoong.com/Eden Handicap Service Center
- Footsteps in the Mirror/National Cancer Society of Malaysia
- Bloggers Are Morons/Hospice-At-Home-Programme, Penang branch (under the Malaysia National Cancer Society)
- .:: Dustyhawk :: Broken Mirror ::./Unicef Malaysia
- PrimaryBasic/National Cancer Council (MAKNA)
- reality really bites/National Kidney Foundation
(List copied from LcF)
While RM 3.8 USD $1 sounds like a small sum, many such small sums can add up to quite a lot.
So, go on then, support our bloggers.
UPDATE: And another thing – obviously, come the blogathon, the blogathonners will be pinging PPS quite a bit. Given PPS’ limitations, if everyone pings PPS at the same time as these bloggers, it’s possible that their message will get sidelined by other non-blogathon-pings, or conversely, the non-blogathon-pings might get drowned out by the sheer number of blogathon-pings. So perhaps, it might be prudent for us non-blogathonners to avoid pinging PPS during the 24-hour blogathon-period in order to give space for their message to be heard loud and clear.
Oh, wait. I just realised I don’t have many readers… Ah, screw it.
Malaysia Bloggers Boleh!