Once again, I find myself sucked into one of those sites that have made use of Google’s API, resulting in a very entertaining and addictive interactive experience.
I refer you to Googlism.
Googlism.com will find out what Google.com thinks of you, your friends or anything! Search for your name here or for a good laugh check out some of the popular Googlisms below [on the website].
What exactly is it, and how does it work?
Googlism was created as a fun tool to see what Google “thinks” of certain topics and people. Of course, the results are not really Google’s opinion, they’re yours, the web site owners of the world. Within the Google results are thousands of your thoughts and opinions about thousands of different topics, people, names, things and places, we simply search Google and let you know what website owners think about the name or topic you suggested.
However, the site points out that since January 2004, “Google.com adopted measures to prevent Googlism.com from querying the Google servers to find new Googlisms”.
Anyway, some of my favourite (and very wierd) results thrown up when I entered ‘sashi‘:
- sashi is for the people
- sashi is well worth the visit
- sashi is nonetheless an honest and honorable warrior who will fight injustice whenever he sees it
- sashi is treading into his passion territory once again
- sashi is made of stone
- sashi is a sanskrit based name that means “moon” in sinhala
- sashi is competant in the programming language html and is currently learning java
- sashi is my other half
- sashi is also his work
- sashi is a 3
- sashi is one of the best artists i know
- sashi is making progress
- sashi is the only one in my life now
- sashi is excellent
- sashi is freeware and i am not so rich
- sashi is bashy
- sashi is quite optimistic about his progress and is sure to bring laurels to the country
- sashi is a pet name
- sashi is coming
- sashi is the hottest annual event of the summer
- sashi is alright
- sashi is known to be serious at times and a joker most of the time
- sashi is scheduled to direct super good films’ sollamale
- sashi is distracted momentarily by sally
- sashi is from northern india
- sashi is the one who did this to you
- sashi is transferred to japanese control
- sashi is working